Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What the swatch?

Hi guys! So you know now, that my theme is World War and the essence is the silhouettes and the colour scheme. But do you know what really inspired me to choose this essence? Well, it was the texture found on the helmets of the soldiers. It truly left me awestruck. The design in itself was so attractive that I didnt have any second thoughts about chosing this as an inspiration.

One lazy day, when I was busy doing everything interesting I could possibly do, I was reminded that I had to make swatches for my project. And the first reaction I gave was literally "What? Noo!!"

But you know, it wasn't all that bad. I instantly decided to make my first swatch inspired by the trendy helmets. So there I was, with sunboard,  a pair of scissors and all the ropes which I could possibly ask for, from my mom. After using these ropes for my swatch, I felt like something was missing, and this could only be changed by a layer of tissue paper over it. So, tee hee. A layer of tissue paper which gave it a more realistic look. Now, all that was left was some colour. Using nuetral shades (which totally match my theme) I gave the final touch and felt like I actually
had the helmet right infront of me! So this was the journey of making my first swatch and it was full of hardwork and fevicol! xD
Yayy me!
Catch you later guys!
~~·~~

1 comment:

  1. Make font bolder and highlight important points.

    ReplyDelete