Sunday, February 14, 2016

Chit Chat

Hi,

I wanted to simply talk in this post about how my experience has been so far with my research and creating a visual diary from it.
I'm glad I chose the topic of World War 2 and the Fashion of that time. The more I get to know about the little details, the more it attracts me. 
Ive always been drawn to simple shapes and neutral colours. And this time period was a perfect mixture of both of those. Strong shoulders, cinched waists and A- line skirts. Oh I love these all. 




We may think that just because the war was on, people must have always stayed in their home, scared, doors and windows shut. But that wasnt the case. Instead clothing became a way of escaping the rough times. It gave the people hope and something to look forward to. It almost gave a sense of motivation.
Designers contributed to this in a grand manner. With newer, more sleek and sharp designs, they kept people on their toes. The common woman was always on a lookout for newer styles that she could wear. A huge change in a woman's wardrobe was the addition of trousers. She now wore trousers and went to work in factories. This gave her more and more freedom.






Today we call this war period inspired fashion as Military style. There is no doubt about the fact that it is seen on the runways almost every season. All great designers love to get inspired by the strong sillhouettes and earthy colours, and celebrities are often seen sporting the military style on the red carpet as well as on the streets.




I hope you enjoyed this little chit-chat.
See you soon.


 ~~.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment